Got a company email today, sent to all employees of the building, announcing changes to the phone system. This is the last line:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENTS THIS MAY CAUSE.
So I went to see the Dave Matthews Band last night. It was a pretty good show. Traffic was crazy. Beer prices were crazy. Wish they had played more old stuff, but I knew that was going to happen anyway. I had been studying all weekend by listening to the new album, though, so that I wouldn't not enjoy the new stuff.
We smoked two joints. The first one, a girl asked for a hit, and a guy asked if we were selling any. The second one, a different girl (possibly older than I) asked if we had "a half a joint" to sell. I said no, so she asked for a hit for herself and her boy.
Memo to Myself: To earn extra cash, bring lots of pre-rolled joints to hippie concerts at outdoor venues and sell at $10 a pop. The older crowd -- who used to smoke when they were younger, and are trying desperately to remain hip -- won't blink at the inflated price. Neither will the skittish, who were too ascared to try to smuggle some in themselves (easy). Ooh: and trow in a genuine "Happy" lighter for an extra $1. Touch the puppet head.
I gave blood today. Woo-hoo! There are a bazillion reasons why you should give blood, if you haven't yet given blood today. Here are but a few:
1. Makes you light-headed
2. Makes you feel manly for getting stabbed in the arm ON PURPOSE
3. (To be read in a spooky voice:) You get to see lots of blooooooood
4. If you go with a friend, you can race to see who fills their bag first
5. It's a good deed (maybe this should have been number one)
6. Free juice and cookies at the end
7. Free sticker that commands others to be nice to you
8. Sporty brown iodine stain on your inner elbow
9. Get to know fun stats about yourself like blood pressure (100/70!), resting heart rate (78!), and cholesterol (we'll see when the card comes; probably around 300!)
10. You get out of the office for an hour (this one only applies to the blood drive during work)
There are many many more. You may have a reason why you don't give blood. That reason may be general, or it may be specific to you. I really don't care about it either way. Yay blood drives!