- Is this part of my investigation?
- Yes. Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? You, me, everything. Nothing has been left out, all right? All the particles, everything.
- What's outside this blanket?
- More blankets. That's the point.
- Blanket's everything.
- Exactly. This is everything. Let's just say that this is me, all right? And I'm, what, 60-odd years old and I'm wearing a gray suit. Blah, blah, blah. And let's say over here, this is you. And, you're... I don't know, you're 21. You got dark hair, etc. And over here, this is Vivian, my wife and colleague. Then over here, this is the Eiffel tower, right? It's Paris.
And this is a war.
And this is, uh, a museum.
And this is a disease.
And this is an orgasm.
And this is a hamburger.
- Everything is the same even if it's different.
- Exactly. But our everyday mind forgets this. We think everything is separate. Limited. I'm over here. You're over there. Which is true. But it's not the whole truth because we're all connected. Because we... are connected.
- Sure. Sure. Sure. Sure.
- All right, now, we need to learn...how to see the blanket truth all the time. Right in the everyday stuff. And that's what this is for.
- Why what?
- Why do I need to learn how to see the blanket thing all the time in the everyday stuff?
- You wouldn't want to miss out on the big picture, would you?